Once we have decided to work together, we can implement our specific marketing plan. We will utilize technology and creativity to make your home stand out from the rest. The basic marketing plan incorporates the following:
- Work with you to determine which cost effective projects to do to increase your homes "curb appeal" prior to it hitting the market. Since we only have one chance to make a first impression, it is vital that we show off your home to its best advantage. This may require some work on your part such as removing clutter from rooms and closets, cleaning windows, sweeping walkways, stairs and porches, mowing the lawn, trimming overgrown shrubs, touch up painting (if needed), ensuring that the home smells fresh and perhaps adding fresh mulch and flowers to planter beds. These small projects really do pay off though.
- Assist you in either staging your home yourself or recommending a reasonably priced and talented professional staging company.
- Ensure maximum Internet exposure by posting your home on the NWMLS which the public can access on the Northwest’s leading real estate web site, windermere.com (averaging over two million "hits" a day).
- Post a photo gallery on the Web which will showcase all of your home and lot features.
- Commission a 360° Virtual Tour on the Web for higher end properties.
- Have a talented professional graphic artist do a line sketch drawing of your home to make it stand out from the others in the various print ads we will use.
- Have professionally produced full color flyers, mailers, post cards, advertisements and other collateral materials produced to highlight your home to other agents and the public.
- Install a Windermere Exclusive Listing sign placed prominently in your yard with a flyer box. Access to the home to be controlled by an MLS key box under seller control.
- Advertise every Sunday in the Seattle Times, in the double truck Windermere ad which is the largest real estate ad in the Pacific Northwest.
- Advertise in other weekly and monthly publications (depending on where the property is located) on a regular basis until it sells.
- Hold a "brokers open" as soon as the property hits the market. Usually we lure other agents to attend with a complimentary lunch. Since many agents are working with pre-approved buyers, other agents are our best resource in finding a qualified buyer for your home.
- Hold "open houses" both during the week and on the first several Sundays to generate interest from neighbors (who may have a friend who is looking), other agents and the general public (both those with and without an agent). Precede the open house with a specific targeting mailing (an "invitation to attend" to known buyers and nearby homes in the neighborhood.
- Put together an in-home marketing book (for agents and their clients) which will include legal description, completed Form 17 / Lead Based Paint Disclosure and information and map of local schools, parks and other amenities.
- Create agent specific flyers which will be delivered directly to the drop files of all real estate agents in the greater Seattle area as well as other more outlying offices within range of the property.
- Network with other top agents who list and sell similar properties in the city to call attention to your property via email brochures, phone calls and in personal meetings.
- Use targeted mailings, with the help of title company research departments (and reverse prospecting on the MLS) to identify possible buyers for your property and solicit them directly.
- Work with relocation companies who may have leads on people moving to the area and who may be interested in your particular neighborhood.
- Assist you in acquiring a Home Owners Warranty, if desired, to help alleviate particular buyer concerns regarding your home’s mechanical systems.
These are the basics. There are other marketing strategies and advertising venues we can employ. Ultimately, though, 95% of marketing is price. Our job is to generate maximum exposure to let any interested party know that your home is for sale. Then, if the home is being shown in its best light and we have priced it correctly - the home should sell itself!
My goal is always to sell your home for its highest market value in the least amount of time and I welcome the opportunity to show you what I can do to achieve this goal.